- Assistant Professor at the Mathematics and Physics Department 'Ennio de Giorgi', University of Salento. From 2005.
Email: antonio.caruso at unisalento.it
Personal email: antonio.mario.caruso at gmail.com
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Pisa.
- Laurea Degree (MSc equivalent) in Computer Science with honors, University of Pisa.
News: June 2017 - September 2017, Ottawa University, Visiting Researcher - Premio Canada-Italia per l’Innovazione 2017.
Design and performance evaluation of distributed protocols, in particular in the area of mobile communications and networking. Current research addresses the design of energy-efficient solutions for wireless networks; the development and evaluation of protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks, the design of architectures and protocols for underwater sensor networks and delay tolerant networks; Previously I worked in the area of fault-tolerant systems, in particular in the sub-area of system-level diagnosis.
Previous working experiences
- April. 2007 - Nov. 2007: Visiting Research Associate at the Network Research Lab, University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA).
- October 2004 - Feb. 2005: Visiting Research Associate at the Network Research Lab, University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA).
- 2004 : Research Associate (post-doc position) at the Institute of Information Science and Technologies of CNR.
- 2003 : Research Associate (post-doc position) at the Institute of Informatics and Telematics of CNR.
- 1997 : Lieutenant at the Naval Accademy, Livorno.