- Assistant Professor at the Mathematics and Physics Department 'Ennio de Giorgi', University of Salento. From 2005.
Email: antonio.caruso at unisalento.it
Personal email: antonio.mario.caruso at gmail.com
Visiting Professor from 15 May to 16 Sep. University of Ottawa.
Email: acaruso2 at uottawa.ca
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Pisa.
- Laurea Degree (MSc equivalent) in Computer Science with honors, University of Pisa.
News: June 2017 - September 2017, Ottawa University, Visiting Researcher - Premio Canada-Italia per l’Innovazione 2017.
Progetto: 'Privacy-Utility Trade off in Big Data for Green Smart Cities'
News: August 2017 - Award from Lecce Municipality - 'Premio Eccellenza Città di Lecce 2017'.
Design and performance evaluation of distributed protocols, in particular in the area of mobile communications and networking. Current research addresses the design of energy-efficient solutions for wireless networks; the development and evaluation of protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks, the design of architectures and protocols for underwater sensor networks and delay tolerant networks; Previously I worked in the area of fault-tolerant systems, in particular in the sub-area of system-level diagnosis.
Another area of research started is on the topic of Mathematical Models for Privacy Issues. In particular in the area of cyberphysical systems, i.e. Privacy and CyberSecurity concerns and solutions in the application of IoT Platforms and Cloud/Fog Computing.
- June 2017 - September 2017 - Visiting Professor uOttawa.
- April. 2007 - Nov. 2007: Visiting Research Associate at the Network Research Lab, University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA).
- October 2004 - Feb. 2005: Visiting Research Associate at the Network Research Lab, University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA).
- 2004 : Research Associate (post-doc position) at the Institute of Information Science and Technologies of CNR.
- 2003 : Research Associate (post-doc position) at the Institute of Informatics and Telematics of CNR.
- 1997 : Lieutenant at the Naval Accademy, Livorno.